Wednesday 2 January 2013

Oily Skin Essentials

I have always had oily skin. Although it is getting better, I still can't use products for normal skin. I tried, and it broke me out in spots. So, I have been sticking to the same products for a while, as they seem to work best for my skin.



I've reviewed this here, and in the post I mentioned that I've used it for years. It is the only product that I feel really cleans my skin and it is perfect to give wipe with cotton wool over your skin before applying make up, and before going to bed.


The Seaweed range from The Body Shop is perfect if you have oily/combination skin. For me, their tea tree range (which is perfect if you have very oily skin) tends to dry my skin out but this works perfectly.  I use it 3 times a week (sometimes more of less depending on my skin and the weather) and gently exfoliates my skin without drying it out, or without causing any redness.


This is quite a recent purchase for me, and I regularly change my day and night creams. It is only in the past few months that I realised I should always be using 'oil free' moisturisers, as I don't need to add a lot of moisture, but my skin still needs to be moisturised. This cream is very light and doesn't make my skin feel clogged.


These bad boys come out on shiny days. I used to use them daily, but now I just use them every now and then. Whenever I have a 'shiny' day, I blot a sheet on my t-zone and it takes away the shine completely. These are always handy to carry in your bag if you suffer from oily/shiny skin.

Please Note: I'm not a skincare expert and these products work for me, but this does not mean that they work for you. The key things are to find an oil free moisturiser, a gentle exfoliator, and a good cleanser. There's no harm in trying products otherwise you'll never find what works best for your skin. I've always been told to try products for six weeks before you give up on them.

What are your essentials for oily skin?

x

3 comments:

  1. I love the clean & clear cleanser. Will have to try the Body Shop exfoliater. Fab post. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have to give the seaweed exfoliator a try.

    Emma x.x.x

    http://www.dazzleanddream.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use that moisturiser too, don't know what I'd do without it now!
    I've started using the S&G Peaches & Clean cleaneer in the evenings, and it's definitely helped clear my blemishes up :) Also using pure tea Tree Oil on said blemishes before applying my nightly moisturiser seems to help bring them right down too :)
    Hope you had a great Christmas and New Year lovely xx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, whether its two sentences or two paragraphs, I will always read them. Your comments never fail to put a smile on my face.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...