Sunday 6 January 2013

My New Year Resolutions.

I've seen quite a few blog posts like this and I've loved reading them so I thought I'd do one of my own. I tend to make 'resolutions' all the time, normally monthly, sometimes even weekly. I think smaller targets are easier to reach than setting a resolution for the whole year. Nevertheless, I've still made some, and I'm hoping that by putting them on here, I'll stick to them!


source: link

1. Save money.

Now of course I have a target in my head, so I'm hoping to reach it. I've been saving on and off for a while now, but now me and Aiden are living together and wanting our own place, it's time to really crack down. I've got a blog dedicated to it if you are interested.

2. Get our own place.

This is kind of linked into number 1, but I really hope we can have our own house or flat by Christmas. This isn't a resolution I'll guarantee to stick to, but I will do everything I can to get there.

3. Run 10 miles.

Rather than do the typical 'do more exercise' I decided to set myself a target. I started running a few months ago, but stopped over Christmas and I plan to really get into it again. I originally wanted to do the Great South Run which is 10 miles, but I've got a problem with dizziness/ black outs and I'm worried I won't be able to complete it. However, I still want to run 10 miles. I just hope it will be then, then I can do something for charity too.

4. Do more for charity.

Now, I do my fair share of donating to charity, but it can be quite hard when you're trying to save. Instead of giving up on charity, I have decided to do more rather than just hand over my money. I've been looking into Give and Make Up which I think I will definitely want to get on board with. I also want to do the Great South Run (see 3.) and give blood. These are all free for me, but still doing something for others, so everybody wins.

5. Travel more.

It's a bit difficult to travel lots when saving, but I want to see more of the UK. I really hope that I can manage to go on days and weekends away to new places and see some new sights.

I think that's it! I'm sure I'll have more as the year goes on, but these are the main things that I want to do. What are your new year resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, whether its two sentences or two paragraphs, I will always read them. Your comments never fail to put a smile on my face.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...