Sunday 20 January 2013

Lazy Girl's Guide To Fitness

I'll admit it. I used to be extremely lazy, and I still kind of am. But this year I decided enough was enough and I want to get fit. Not just for now, but for when I'm older. I'm not the kind of person that can train for hours on end and keep going. And probably like you, I don't seem to have enough time to exercise. I decided that this year there was no more excuses and so here's my lazy girl's guide to getting some fitness into your day.

- Do squats whilst brushing your teeth.

This is so easy to do, and instead of just standing there, do squats. If you do 20 squats a day for two weeks you will notice a big difference. That's not long to see changes!

- Walk whenever you can.

Now I can drive I tend to drive everywhere. Before I could drive, I used to walk for hours. My tip is to avoid using the car when you can, and if you get public transport, get off just one stop earlier and walk it. You'll feel better for it, and you'll be wide awake by the time you reach where you need to be.

- Do an advert break work out!

I've become a big fan of these lately. When I'm watching TV I'll choose an advert break, and do a work out whilst it's on. Whether it's sit ups, squats, press ups. I'll do whatever I want until the programme comes back on. It gives me a little boost!

- Have fun working out!

Find what is fun for you. Whether it's a zumba class with friends or a jog around the park with your dog, find an exercise you enjoy and go for it. I downloaded the Davina Fitness App which offers 15-20 minute work outs and I really enjoy doing them. As they're quick I can fit them in around my day.

What fitness tips would you give to someone struggling to get motivated?

source: link

P.S. Do you want to see more fitness posts? If so, what kind?

x

3 comments:

  1. These are fab thank u and yes but not sure what!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some really good tips. I have a gym membership but havent been yet this year because i know it will be really busy with all the new sign ups in January! - cop out I know! I may have to start doing some of these!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! New follower :) I love these tips. Fitness has become a big part of my life in the past year (it never used to be) but one of my tips is to find a workout that you find fun. That is what I did, it's called Turbo Fire and there's a review of it on my blog. Anyway, I knew if I didn't have some fun working out I wouldn't want to do it. Love your blog btw :))

    xoxo
    http://www.beautyobsessed2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, whether its two sentences or two paragraphs, I will always read them. Your comments never fail to put a smile on my face.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...