Saturday 16 July 2011

Saturday Takeover 002.

Today, my blog is being taken over by Jess. She has done a review of Lush's Toner tabs, which I loved as I've wanted to try these for a while.

Lush Toner Tabs Review

Hello girles!

First off, let me introduce myself. I hope you're all doing okay today. I am going to be doing a review on Lush Toner Tabs in Tea Tree. I have to say I have wanted to try this product ever since it came out and because I don't have a Lush near me so it was a case of either travelling a good hour and a half to a store or purchasing online. So not long ago I did an online order which you can see on my blog.

So let's get onto the actual review before I bore you all...
It is 75p for one tea tree tab. To be honest, I don't mind paying this as for a face mask you would pay about a pound and I would rather use this than a face mask. I only use it once a week like a face mask so I can justify spending 75p a week for this little treat!

What Lush says:
"The tea tree tab is for toning teenaged, troubled and traumatized skin. After you've fizzed and steamed, dip cotton wool or a face cloth into the bowl and use the toner liquid to refresh your face and remove any traces of cleanser really gently, to get all the benefits of the anti-bacterial essential oils."

How I use this product:

There are a number of ways you can use this product that I have used that can also make this little toner tab go a little further. To start with what I did was get a bowl of boiling water straight from the kettle and then put the toner tab into the boiling water. It reacts a lot like a bath bomb and fizzes until there is nothing left.


I then created a tent with a towel (which is what the Lush website says! Haha) around my head and covered everything, laying my face over the steaming water for 5-10 minutes. I then closed my eyes and let the steam hit my face and breathed in through my nose to get the tea tree into my skin and pores. After about 5-10 minutes I dried off my face and then I used a normal muslin cloth and dipped it into the water (once it had cooled a bit) and simply washed my face with it.

My overall opinion:


(Excuse my no make-up/messy hair/silly face)

Here is a before (left) and after (right) picture. To be honest, you can't really see an instant difference in the skin and in real life you can't really either. But what I can say is once I took my face out the steamer it instantly felt softer and I don't know whether you can see in these photos, I get a spot in between my eyebrows when I have them waxed and that is completely gone now - it went within 2 days of using the tabs and usually I will have this spot for weeks and weeks. So there was a difference in my skin, just not straight away. After using the tree tabs continuously I have found my skin to be the softest and clearest it has been for a while. However, I haven't got really bad skin, or acne, so I can't say it will completely clear up a lot of spots or breakouts or what not. But this is my opinion on it and I WILL be repurchasing. It is vast becoming a staple in my beauty routine. You can buy this product at http://www.lush.co.uk/

So ladies, I hope I haven't bored you too much and this post was somewhat informative! Let me know in the comments if you've tried any Lush toner tabs or your favourite Lush products! I am always on the lookout for new Lush products to try.

I have done a few different Lush posts on my own blog (see below) if you are interested. Lastly, I would like to say a big thank you to Jess for giving me the chance to be a guest blogger.

-

Thank you to Jess for writing this great review, her blog is http://www.xbonjourbelle.blogspot.com/

If you are interested in writing a guest post for me, feel free to send me your post to jesswd18@hotmail.com :)

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, whether its two sentences or two paragraphs, I will always read them. Your comments never fail to put a smile on my face.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...